4C's Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of 4C is to ensure that every child has a positive experience and a foundation for success in school and life by improving the quality, effectiveness and accessibility of early childhood education and care in the region.
To be recognized as the authority on and a national model for quality early childhood education and care support systems. As a result . . .
- There is enough high quality early childhood education and care for all children in the region.
- Parents are educated, engaged and empowered to demand quality early education and care.
- The region’s decision-makers understand and support the link between early childhood education and a vibrant community with solid economic development.
About the Work We Do
- Childhood is a unique and valuable time.
- All children deserve a nurturing, safe, stimulating environment.
- Quality early education and care strongly influence a child's chances for achieving his or her potential, are essential to parents' productivity, and are critical to self-sufficiency of families.
- All parents deserve good, quality choices for the early education and care of their children.
- When parents have access to good information and options that meet their needs, they will make good choices for the early education and care of their children.
- Parents will advocate for what is right for their children.
About Where We Fit in the Community
- We are partners with parents, providers, government, employers, faith-based organizations, funders and communities to create the demand and set the standards for quality early education and care for our children. We work to increase affordable, available and accessible quality services.
- The services we provide are responsive to the community needs and contribute to building a stronger community.
- We are a public trust: accountable to donors, taxpayers, funders, and customers for providing the highest quality services in a cost effective manner.
About How We Work
- Total integrity is a guiding principle in all we do.
- Commitment to the mission and high quality work are fundamental to our success.
- Respect and mutual support are essential to our work among the staff and in all of our public dealings.
- Our services are based on evidence-based research and best practice standards.
- Our employees are appreciated for team work, taking individual responsibility, and making use of their diverse backgrounds and talents.
- 4C provides a professional development structure for early education and care
- 4C increases public awareness and influences policies through collaborative leadership
- 4C provides information that empowers families to make choices that support children's optimal development
- 4C ensures sufficient supply and affordability of early care and education for all children
- Continuously improve relevance and effectiveness of Institute for Early Childhood excellence for all early childhood professionals.
- Continuously improve relevance and effectiveness of all 4C services.
- Become a significant and collaborative advocate for public policy change.
- Ensure public awareness of importance of early education and care—and the role of 4C in delivering it.
- Build capacity through an expanding, diverse funding base and revenue generating initiatives.
Create new models of outreach to support parents including those who care for children at home and those who use family, friends and neighbors for child care.
- Originate and share research and evaluation that serves to inform public policy and industry practice.
- Create new model for serving family, friend and neighbor caregivers.