Final call for high school youth award applications
September 2, 2014
4C for Children will once again honor "Champions for Children: The Next Generation" with its fourth annual youth award. The deadline for applications is Oct. 17, 2014.
This award celebrates a high school project led and implemented by students in grades 9-12 who are taking action on behalf of the children of our community—locally or abroad. "The goal," says 4C President/CEO Sallie Westheimer, "is to reinforce in the leaders of tomorrow the importance of investing in the children of today—especially those from birth to age 8." High school projects anywhere in 4C's multi-county service area are eligible if they meet these criteria:
1. A project must demonstrate the direct involvement of high school students and do one or more of the following:
- empower and educate young children through direct service
- provide leadership or raise awareness on an issue that impacts young children
- improve the quality of life of young children.
2. A project application must be submitted by a teacher, service learning coordinator or a school administrator (principal, guidance counselor).
3. A project must be complete or be able to show ample evidence of success by the time of its application.
An application must be submitted no later than Oct. 17, 2014. You can download an application in PDF format. The application must include:
- a description of the project, how it served children and its outcomes (no more than 600 words),
- the number of students who have participated (and their ages),
- the project leader(s)
- a contact person.
The award-winning project and its team will be announced the first week of November. The "Champions for Children: The Next Generation" award will be presented at Jan. 24, 2015, at 4C's 2014 Champions for Children Celebration at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza.
- For more about 4C for Children
- For 4C's Champions for Children Honor Roll
- For details about 4C's 2015 Champions for Children Gala
Questions? Contact Karen Hurley: 513-758-1201, email@example.com