New online course for everyone who reads to young children!
March 19, 2015
4C’s first online learning course to offer something for parents as well as early childhood professionals is now available. “While 'Reading With Young Children' was developed primarily for early childhood professionals, it has a lot to offer any parent or grandparent who values reading aloud to children,” says Terri Alekzander, 4C’s director of online learning.
This course includes strategies you can use when reading with children from birth through preschool. It also provides recommendations for developmentally-appropriate books for each age group. Tips are also given for creating inviting reading environments.
Rich reading experiences are key to a child’s future success. This course helps you provide these experiences for the children in your care—and helps you better understand how reading to young children provides the foundation of literacy skills which lead to success in school and life.
Here is a sample of what some of the first to enroll and complete this three-hour course are saying about “Reading With Young Children”:
- "Great reminders, even if one has been teaching for many years. Thank you."
- "I really enjoyed this course. It was very informative, and I was able to go back and review course work that I didn’t understand right away."
- "I loved the online class. The set up of it being broken up into different parts was perfect for my busy life. I wish 4C would offer many, many more courses like this."
The course is open to anyone. The cost is $30. It can be taken all at once—which would involve a commitment of about three hours. It can also be taken in smaller doses over the course of 45 days. It is intended to be adaptable to your schedule!
For early childhood professionals in Ohio and Kentucky, this course offers three hours of in-service. It is also Ohio Approved (Step Up To Quality) and Kentucky Training Level 1.
Enrollment is now open!
- If you are an early childhood professional in Ohio, register here.
- If you are an early childhood professional in Kentucky, register here.
- If you are an early childhood professional located outside of Ohio or Kentucky, register here.
- If you are a parent, register here.
Be sure to check out the full list of 4C Learn Online courses.
Visit our e-learning platform at http://4clearnonline.mrooms.net.