Play & Learn Groups
Join a group today...
Make a difference for your child tomorrow!
If you are a relative, friend or neighbor providing care for children in your home—or a stay-at-home parent—the Play & Learn program is for you! Watch this video and see how the FREE Play & Learn experience makes huge impacts on both caregiver and child.
Groups provide opportunities for children—birth to age 5 not enrolled in preschool or child care—to learn and explore through play, setting a foundation for continued learning through school and life.
During the sessions, parents and caregivers:
- join in the activities
- learn more about their role in preparing children for school
- discover how children learn through play
- learn what to expect of children of different ages
Participants also receive FREE activities and materials to take home to extend the learning and the fun!
Watch this segment featured on Fox 19 Cincinnati, that shares some fun activities parents can do with their children to promote kindergarten readiness skills.
The 90-minute, every-other-week sessions are presented at the following locations and times:
- Boone County, Ky.: 1st and 3rd Tuesday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Boone County Public Library (Florence branch)
- Covington, Ky.: 2nd and 4th Wednesday from 9:30-11 a.m. at the Kenton County Public Library
- Newport, Ky.: 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 9:30-11 a.m at the Campbell County Public Library
- Williamstown, Ky.: 2nd and 4th Friday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Grant County Public Library
- Amelia/Union Township: 2nd Friday (Amelia branch library) and 4th Friday (Union Township branch library) from 10-11:30 a.m.
- Blanchester: 4th Monday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Blanchester Library
- Dayton: 1st and 3rd Friday, from 9:30-11 a.m. at the Trotwood Branch of the Dayton Metro Library.
- Goshen: 1st and 3rd Friday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Goshen branch of the Clermont County Public Library
- Lebanon: 1st Thursday from 10-11:30 a.m. at Lebanon Presbyterian Church; South Lebanon: 3rd Thursday from 11:30 a.m. -1 p.m. at Joshua's Place/The Village Church.
- Middletown: 1st and 3rd Thursday from 10:30 a.m.-Noon at the Parent Resource Center
- Millvale: 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Millvale Recreation Center
- Norwood: 2nd and 4th Thursday from 9:30-11 a.m. at the Norwood Church of the Nazarene
- Springdale: 1st and 3rd Tuesday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Springdale Church of the Nazarene
- Westwood: 1st and 3rd Friday from 10:30 a.m.-Noon at the Westwood branch library
- Wilmington: 1st Tuesday from 10:30 a.m.-Noon at the Wilmington Public Library.
Registration prior to attending is encouraged but not mandatory. For more information or to register, please contact 4C Family and Community Services at 513-758-1311.
The 4C Play & Learn program is based on the national Kaleidoscope Play & Learn® Program, and is funded through a grant from Procter & Gamble through United Way of Greater Cincinnati Success By 6® as well as by Norwood Ready Kids, United Way of Clinton County, United Way of Warren County and the Northern Kentucky Community Early Childhood Council.