Play & Learn Groups
Join a group today...
Make a difference for your child tomorrow!
If you are a relative, friend or neighbor providing care for children in your home—or a stay-at-home parent—the Play & Learn program is for you! Watch this video and see how the FREE Play & Learn experience makes huge impacts on both caregiver and child.
Groups provide opportunities for children—birth to age 5 not enrolled in preschool or child care—to learn and explore through play, setting a foundation for continued learning through school and life.
During the sessions, parents and caregivers:
- join in the activities
- learn more about their role in preparing children for school
- discover how children learn through play
- learn what to expect of children of different ages
Participants also receive FREE activities and materials to take home to extend the learning and the fun!
The 90-minute, every-other-week sessions are presented at the following locations and times:
- Boone County, Ky.: 1st and 3rd Tuesday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Boone County Public Library (Florence branch)
- Covington, Ky.: 2nd and 4th Wednesday from 9:30-11 a.m. at the Kenton County Public Library
- Newport, Ky.: 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 9:30-11 a.m at the Campbell County Public Library
- Williamstown, Ky.: 2nd and 4th Friday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Grant County Public Library
- Amelia/Union Township: 2nd Friday (Amelia branch library) and 4th Friday (Union Township branch library) from 10-11:30 a.m.
- Blanchester: 4th Monday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Blanchester Library
- Dayton: 1st and 3rd Friday, from 9:30-11 a.m. at the Trotwood Branch of the Dayton Metro Library.
- Goshen: 1st and 3rd Friday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Goshen branch of the Clermont County Public Library
- Lebanon: 1st Thursday from 10-11:30 a.m. at Lebanon Presbyterian Church; South Lebanon: 3rd Thursday from 11:30 a.m. -1 p.m. at Joshua's Place/The Village Church.
- Middletown: 1st and 3rd Thursday from 10:30 a.m.-Noon at the Parent Resource Center
- Millvale: 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Millvale Recreation Center
- Norwood: 2nd and 4th Thursday from 9:30-11 a.m. at the Norwood Church of the Nazarene
- Springdale: 1st and 3rd Tuesday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Springdale Church of the Nazarene
- Westwood: 1st and 3rd Friday from 10:30 a.m.-Noon at the Westwood branch library
- Wilmington: 1st Tuesday from 10:30 a.m.-Noon at the Wilmington Public Library.
Registration prior to attending is encouraged but not mandatory. For more information or to register, please contact 4C Family and Community Services at 513-758-1311.
The 4C Play & Learn program is based on the national Kaleidoscope Play & Learn® Program, and is funded through a grant from Procter & Gamble through United Way of Greater Cincinnati Success By 6® as well as by Norwood Ready Kids, United Way of Clinton County, United Way of Warren County and the Northern Kentucky Community Early Childhood Council.